Pound Cake Bake-Off Rules and Information
- All entries into this contest must be Cabarrus or Rowan county residents.
- Contestants must sign and submit entry form.
- Entry forms must be submitted to the Mt. Pleasant Library by Wednesday, September 17th at 1 pm.
- Contestants must choose from one of the following to bake:
- Classic Plain Pound Cake
- Iced Pound Cake
- Novelty Pound Cake (sour crème, strawberry, etc.)
- All entries in this contest must be homemade by contestants.
- Contestants must submit a written or typed recipe with their cake.
- The actual contest event will be held on Saturday, September 20th at 1 pm at the Mt. Pleasant Library Meeting Room. The public is invited.
- Cakes must be turned in at the Mt. Pleasant Library by 12:30 pm on contest day, Saturday, September 20th.
- Contestants' entries are judged 70 percent on taste and 30 percent on presentation.
- The decision of the judges shall be final.
- A $100 prize will be given to the winner of each category.
- Checks to winners will be given at the event.
- After the contest, there will be cake (entries to the contest) and ice-cream served to all who attended.
- For additional information, call the Mt. Pleasant Library at 704-436-2202.